Monday, August 25, 2014

The Goal For This Blog

Before I ever started blogging our fertility journey, I spent countless hours perusing pinterest for other women who have gone through a similar situation. 
I found many types of people struggling to conceive. Most were very depressed, as if they felt like nothing could ever be done to "fix" them. While others seemed to put on a facade of what they felt people wanted to hear from them. 

I can't relate to you.

Our struggle is 2 and a half years and counting. It is by no means "long" when it comes to the infertility community. 
But when I read these women's and men's blogs, I can't help but feel a disconnect. 
Yes, there are times when I feel depressed, but I never lose sight of the end goal...to become a Mommy!
And there are times when I would love to blog and tell you guys "the medicine isn't so bad"...but I am not going to lie to you. How would that help the woman who messages me and says "Im starting that medicine next cycle!"?
My goal in life is to become a Mommy and to give my husband a child of our own. But my goal for my blog is to encourage people going through similar situations, or even just a tough time, to look for the positives. 

Now before you throw stones at me, just know...I am not trying to belittle other bloggers. People deal with struggles differently. But I think honesty and being positive is the only way to see your infertility in a different light. 

So that is why I started my blog. I needed a way to vent and I needed a way to reach out to other women going through this and to let them know that they are not alone. 
But I need to be encouraging! And I think that comes from being honest and positive and having just a hint of humor :) 

I hope you can relate :)


No comments:

Post a Comment