Monday, August 4, 2014

Lots of changes...

Sorry I haven't updated you guys!
I know that usually no news is good news with this kind of thing, but not this time....
Saturday was cycle day 1....
So our last IUI didn't work.
I was SO sure that it had!!!! But Friday and Saturday I got negative pregnancy tests.
Last time when we got pregnant it took 2 IUI cycles, so hopefully this next one will get us our positive!
For more reason than one....

I went in to have my cycle day 2 ultrasound to make sure that there was no left over cysts and to make sure that my uterine lining was a good thickness and THANKFULLY it was! We were cleared to start our next IUI cycle. But Dr Vandermolen wanted to change up our medications. He wasn't happy with how many follicles were maturing each cycle and frankly...neither was I. I feel like my body gets used to the medications so quickly that they don't work as well after the first time. 
Anyway..so he wants us to add Menopur injections on cycle day 7,9, and 11. Which I was/am completely fine with! Injections, shots, blood work...needles in general, just don't bother me. 
So we took their little injections class to see just how I needed to do it and I felt confident on doing it myself. 
So the next step was to get my Femara(same dose as last time, 5mg), and to get my HCG injection for 2 days before the actual IUI, as well as my Menopur injections. 
And here came the not so good news....
My Femara was the normal price that I have been paying and my HCG injection was also the same..but unfortunately my insurance is refusing to pay for my Menopur injections because they see insemination as an "elective procedure". Can you believe that?? We have been trying to have a baby for 2 and a half years and we have gone through everything possible to have a baby without doing IUI. But in our situation...its not possible. This is the ONLY way for us to have a family of our own. And now we are being told that it's "elective". yeah....ok. 
But Wesley and I talked it over and whatever we have to do...we will do it. 
And if it works this time then it will all be worth it!!!

So we really need some prayers right now! We know that there are many other people in this world that pay way more than we do for their fertility treatments...but we were pretty blindsided with this one.

I will update you guys as soon as I can! 
I go in for my follicle check next Wednesday and hopefully I get some good news! 

Thank you all for the positive thoughts and prayers!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry your iui didn't work. Ours didn't either. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Megan :( getting that negative sucks :( I'll keep you in my prayers! Hopefully you get your positive soon!

      Delete