Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Update on IUI #4 and....#5

Hi guys! 
Sorry this post is so late! 
We were at a softball tournament all weekend and I forgot to bring my laptop to update the blog.

But Friday morning was CD 1 for me...
Yes, I know. I can't believe it didn't work either!! 2 mature follicles and still nothing..

So I went in Friday afternoon to do my ultrasound and blood work and to see what the next step would be.
Well the ultrasound showed that my ovaries are clear so we don't have to sit out this cycle. Which is a relief! I am not fond of the idea of sitting a cycle out. 
So on to what the next step will be... Well since the medication side of the IUI was successful, my doctor wants to keep my medications the same for one more cycle. So 5mg of Femara cycle days 3-7 and Menopur injections on days 7,9, and 11. 
And we would really love for this cycle to work...not only because we want a baby but because the next step will most likely be straight injections. And that is VERYYYY expensive!!! 

So we have a follicle check next week and hopefully we get some good news back!!


Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers! 
I will keep you all updated! 
and if you haven't already, please go "like" the Hurry Up and Wait Facebook page so you can get updates as soon as I post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment