Thursday, September 18, 2014

Progesterone Check for IUI #5

Hey guys!!

It has been 1 week since our fifth IUI! That means progesterone check!

I went in this morning for blood work and I got a call saying that my progesterone levels were at 37 :)
A good progesterone level is the first hurdle we have to make before we test for pregnancy.

My doctor likes my levels to be at least 15 since we are on a medicated cycle. So we have passed this first test!

For those who haven't been following our journey for very long or if you just aren't aware, progesterone is the hormone your body makes to maintain a pregnancy. This doesn't mean that I am pregnant, just that if I am pregnant, miscarriage due to low progesterone isn't really an issue. And if I am pregnant, I wont have to do progesterone suppositories for the first trimester. I am EXTREMELY grateful for that!! I have had to do progesterone suppositories once in the past (roughly a year ago)...and it was less than appealing.

So now we wait to test!

This is going to be a longggg wait for us!
I am so anxious to test...we are ready to be pregnant and have our take-home babies!


Keep up the prayers and positive thoughts! They are felt and greatly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment