Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Follicle Check for IUI #5

Good morning guys!!!
Or...whatever time you end up reading this haha

This morning I had my follicle check and let me tell you, I was less than excited.
I felt little to no stretching in either ovary over the past week and it definitely got in my head. 
Last cycle I felt a TON of stretching in my ovaries and I ended up having 2 mature follicles in my right ovary and 1 in my left. So I was almost 100% sure that I didn't have anything mature. I went in with no excitement and quite a bit of dread for the ultrasound. 

But...that's what I get for thinking and reading into signs!!! 

First she did an ultrasound of my right ovary and my heart sunk a little bit lower than before. I had about 4 to 5 small follicles...a good ways from mature. She even asked at that point if I still had Menopur injections in case I had to continue shots.
So I was prepared for a longer cycle and possibly more injections in my near future.

Then she moved to my left ovary..which I frequently refer to as my "lazy ovary". My left ovary tends to only work once in a blue moon..I kind of have a love-hate relationship with her. I have even thought of it as "broken" a few times. 
But, once again, that's what i get for thinking!!
We immediately saw 2 HUGE follicles!!!
A 26 and a 21 :)
I think I even cheered a bit when I saw it!! 

I had every bit of me thinking that I was going to have to continue injections and come back in a few days to recheck my follicles. But then old lefty decided to save the day!! 

So I will more than likely do my HCG injection tonight and then IUI Thursday morning :)

Yay!!
Hopefully this is the cycle for us!!
Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers and messages that I have been getting over on the Hurry Up and Wait Facebook page! I love hearing from you guys and hearing about your journeys too!

I will update you guys Thursday after the IUI!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment