Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Different IUI

Hey guys!! Sorry I'm so late with this post!
It has been a really relaxing day and I have taken full advantage of it :)


So this morning we went in for our SEVENTH IUI!! 
I told you guys last week that the nurse that would be doing our IUI, wanted to do things a little differently this time and BOY DID SHE!
Other than the fact that she was putting cleaned sperm in my uterus..it was just different.

First off..we had 32.6 million sperm this time! That's 10 million more than last time!!!

So after the nurse came in, she said that she wanted to do an ultrasound on my uterus first. We have never had an ultrasound on IUI day so I was a little curious as to why. But what she wanted to do was measure my uterus to see exactly how far she needed to put the catheter in to get to where my tubes are.
Which turned out to be great because she found out that my uterus was shorter than the average uterus! 
She then marked the catheter the exact length of my uterus so she didn't put it in too far and irritate the top of my uterus. She said that my short uterus could be why I have a little more sperm being pushed down after the procedure. I can elaborate a little more in another post if you guys want. 

But on to the fun stuff!

The nurse then tilted the table A LOT! After that she found exactly where she needed to put the catheter and put it in the exact length of my uterus. 
Then she waited until I stopped cramping and she put the sperm exactly where it needed to be. After she did that she waited until it went into my tubes before before removing the catheter (about 5 minutes).
The normal procedure takes about 5 minutes...this took closer to 15. But she said that she was able to get almost all of the sperm into my tubes!!!! She told us that she has never done an IUI where that much of the sperm got into the tubes. (Usually you have some that comes out in everyone).
Then instead of sitting there for 15 minutes...I laid there for 20 minutes.

So if this doesn't work...we will seriously be shocked!!!!!!

So now the 2ww starts!!! We have a progesterone check on Friday so I will do my next post then unless there is something else you guys would like to see a post on :)


Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment