Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Good News and Bad News

I am sorry it has taken me so long to do this post but when you read why...you might understand.

On Friday morning I took a pregnancy test like I do at the end of every cycle. Most of the time it is negative but Friday was different. It said "pregnant" on that tiny screen.
I assumed that the next time I got pregnant, I would be ecstatic! That was not the case. I was nervous and anxious and I had a bad feeling in my heart. I knew something didn't feel right. 
I wasn't spotting. I had no cramps. But for some reason I felt as if this was not going to be my take-home baby. 
Call it mother's intuition...or maybe I just know my body better than most.
But I hesitantly called my doctor's office and asked for a blood test since my pregnancy test said positive. 
I got in and immediately my nurses were lit up because I was finally pregnant again!
They asked me how I was doing and all I could say was that I was nervous and I had a bad feeling.
They took my blood and I left.
They called me that afternoon and told me that my hCG (pregnancy hormone) level was at 26.5.
This told us that I was indeed pregnant.
But they asked me to come back 3 days later to make sure that my levels doubled like they should.
So on Monday morning I went in for another blood test. I still had that bad feeling in my gut that something was wrong.
They called me that afternoon and my levels has risen to 48. Which doesn't seem bad because they went up...but they didn't double like in a healthy pregnancy.
So this morning they had me come in for yet another blood test. 
My levels rose to only 66. Not even close to doubling.
My nurse asked me to come in for an ultrasound and blood work on Friday because they think it could be a tubal pregnancy(implanted in my fallopian tube instead of my uterus).
So I have an appointment Friday morning to see what is exactly going on.
But before we got off the phone I had to ask..."do you think this will be a successful pregnancy??"
And she told me "we aren't ruling it out but no..we don't think this one is going to work."

Which brings me here. Confused. Upset. Hurt. And feeling like there is an even bigger problem than just my ovulation and getting pregnant. 
They did tell me that they will be doing a lot of blood work to see what could be causing our(now multiple) miscarriages. 
Hopefully Friday we can get some answers.

Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers. I wish I had some better news to give you guys. But this is where we are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment