Thursday, October 30, 2014

Follicle Check for IUI #7

Alright guys!
Today was our follicle check for IUI #7.

I was a little confused as to why our doctor wanted us to come in a day early for our follicle check this cycle. I have always had good sized follicles on cycle day 12...
But the more I thought about it, the more I questioned whether or not bigger was better when it comes to follicles. 
If you guys remember, my follicles have been pretty big the past few cycles. I think they got up to about 28mm. And this entire time I thought that was a good thing! Now...I am not so sure.
I haven't actually talked to my doctor, but I think he might think that I have been ovulating early and that's why I haven't gotten pregnant. 

Anyway! So we went in this morning and like usual...I thought my follicles were on one side when in fact..they were on the other! I really thought that a majority of my follicles would be in my left ovary since I have been feeling that side a lot more. But when the nurse went in I had 4 follicles on my right (2 mature and 2 pretty close) then I had one in my left ovary that was mature.
So that is 3 mature now and 2 more that will be ready in a couple days!!

They called me this afternoon and said to do my HCG trigger shot tonight at 10 and we would have our IUI Saturday morning!!! We are pretty excited and hopeful that this will be our last IUI for a while :)

This is also our last chance to get pregnant before, what would be, our due date for our pregnancy in March....so pray that this works!!! I can't imagine not being pregnant on that day....


And I want to just let you guys know how amazing our nurses are!!! 
I mentioned last blog post that they are changing the way they are doing our IUI this time. The nurse that told us how she wanted to change it is now coming in on her DAY OFF just to do this new procedure for us!!! The entire staff at our doctors office goes above and beyond for us and we are eternally grateful for all that they do...including coming in on their day off just to try something new for us! I just cant describe to you all how much these people mean to us and how much they just want to see us have our take-home baby! We are blessed!



ok guys! Enough mushy stuff! I will post Saturday and let you all know how it went :)

Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment