Sunday, October 5, 2014

There are how many??!!

Good morning guys!!!
This morning we went in for our follicle check and let me tell you!..we were surprised and beyond excited for our chances this cycle!

I have been feeling some stretching in my left ovary since about cycle day 5ish but this morning I was feeling it a little more in my right ovary. So going into my appointment this morning, I figured we probably had 1 on each side..maybe 2 on my left since I have been feeling it a little more than my right. 

Well my doctor came in and started the ultrasound on my right ovary and there were 4 follicles and 3 were mature!!! Yes! 3 follicles that are ready to go on my right ovary!!! Then he  moved on to my left ovary and there were 2 follicles...and BOTH were mature!!! So we have 5 total mature follicles!

Then he wanted to talk a little bit. 
This news is great on one end because it increases our chances of a successful IUI...but on the other end, it seriously increases our chances of multiples.

So we had 2 options. We could cancel this cycle and then he would lower my dose of Menopur next cycle to maybe not get as many follicles. Or we could go through with it and just have an increased chance of multiples.

But he said (and we agreed) that since we have done so many rounds of IUI..he felt comfortable moving forward with the IUI. Our chances of twins went from about 5% to roughly 15% and our chances of triplets or quads went from about 1-2% to about 5%. 

He said that if this was our first or second IUI, he would, no doubt, cancel the cycle. But since we have been working toward this for so long, it just makes sense to stick with this cycle. 
He even said that our chances of conceiving this cycle are pretty much the same as if we were to do IVF. 
So to us, it was a no-brainer. 
We both have twins on each side of our families so it was already in our minds that we could likely have twins. So we are going for it!!!

They are giving me a call this afternoon to tell me when to take my HCG shot and when my IUI will be. But it will most likely be Tuesday!

I was going to do a vlog about all of this but I think I want to hold off on the vlogs until I can get a more portable camera so I can actually take it into my doctors appointments and you guys can get a better idea of what we are going through. Sound good?

ok!!! So I will update you guys on Tuesday and tell you our numbers and how everything went!!!

Thank you for all of the positive thoughts and prayers! Keep them coming!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment