Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 5 Q&A

Hi guys!!
This is my very first weekly update!
I had planned on doing a video for this but honestly..I'm exhausted and talking just seems daunting haha
So I'm going to post my Q&A on here just for this week and then hopefully next week I will be able to film my weekly Q&A for you guys :) 
So how this will work is every Tuesday I will post a video about things from the previous pregnancy week. Since I am 6 weeks today, I will be answering questions about week 5. I think that will be easier and I will be able to reflect on the entire week. So lets get started!!!!

1.) Which week are you posting about? 
Week 5 since I am 6 weeks today!

2.) Any nausea? 
Nope! Not yet..but I have dealt with acid reflux for most of my life so I expect that it will be coming soon haha

3.) Any other pregnancy symptoms?
YES!! I am extremely tired ALL of the time! I am not usually a napper but I feel like I need a nap just as soon as I wake up haha Other than that...I am hungry all of the time also. I will eat a full meal and then get hungry again within an hour.

4.) Any cravings?
Uhmm...not really a craving but I think buffalo chicken salad sounds good pretty much every day

4.) Any food aversions?
Cheese by itself is just not appealing. I tried to make myself a sandwich this morning and went to put a slice of cheese on it and just couldn't lol The smell, taste, and texture just isn't appealing right now.

5.) How are you preparing for the baby?
As of right now, all I am doing is eating right and drinking plenty of water. We aren't comfortable buying things until the second trimester so we wont be making any baby purchases for a few more weeks. But as soon as we do make it to the second trimester we will be buying cloth diapers!!! We are very excited to cloth diaper and have become really passionate about it. I can do a separate video/blog on why and how we are cloth diapering if anyone is interested. 

6.) Anything you miss about pre-pregnancy?
Surprisingly no! I really thought that cutting back on my coffee intake would be difficult but it hasn't been. I've probably had one total cup of coffee since finding out I was pregnant over 2 weeks ago. Doctors say that 2 cups a day is fine during pregnancy...but its not ok to me. Kind of like eating junk food...if your baby doesn't need it...you shouldn't be ingesting it. I am not saying that I wont drink coffee during this pregnancy...thats like saying you will only eat healthy for the entire 40 weeks...its just not possible. Just during the first trimester...I will definitely limit both coffee and junk food.

7.) Any weird dreams?
I have had nightmares almost every night!! And the thing is is that the dreams themselves aren't scary...I just feel scared while I'm in the dream. Weird. 

8.) Anything you are looking forward to?
We leave for Florida this week! I am so excited to get to the beach and just be away from work for a few days :) 
We are also SOOOOOOO excited to get to hear the baby's heartbeat next week for the first time!!!

9.) Thoughts about this past week?
We saw the baby's amniotic sac for the first time! It was so surreal to see and it just reassured us that we really are pregnant and things are going well. We are feeling very blessed :)

10.) Size of the baby during this past week?
The baby was the size of a Sesame Seed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment