Wednesday, March 5, 2014

10 Things I've Learned from Our Infertility Journey

Going through this journey has been as far from easy as it could possibly be. But there are a few things that I've learned from this experience that I couldn't have possibly learned any other way! So I'm going to share a few with you guys :)

1. Fertility medications are no joke!!! I have experience 3 different types and they all have taught me something. Clomid has taught me that PMS really is minuscule compared to Clomid mood swings ...Clomid mood swings are serious! Breathing and counting to 10 just wont cut it with Clomid...there are many times that I just want to punch a wall in hopes that I will get some relief. 
This cycle my doctor has started me on Femara instead of Clomid since Clomid can sometimes thin the lining of the uterus. Femara has taught me new levels of nausea that I thought were only possible with food poisoning! 
And Novarel is the HCG injection that I take 2 days before the IUI. This was the easy part of the cycle! Other than a sore butt for a day, this wasn't too bad. 

2. There is nothing...and I mean NOTHING that can take my mind off of what cycle day it is, whether or not I will ovulate this cycle, if my follicles will be big enough in a few days, if this IUI will work, if we really should look more into adoption, if I'm going to see another person on my Facebook announce their pregnancy....this list goes on... My mind is constantly going with "what ifs" and there is nothing I can do about it.

3. My husband puts up with A LOT of crap. From mood swings to crying spells he has to endure every single bit of it. Poor thing! Not to mention dealing with the monthly BFN!

4. I will never be able to distinguish whether or not a symptom is due to AF or pregnancy. They are the same. And every site will tell you that it is a pregnancy symptom...stupid liars!

5.  I used to watch the show "I didn't know I was pregnant"...now that shit pisses me off!!!

6. I should probably invest in Clear Blue pregnancy and ovulation tests as well as EPT....I feel like I keep those people in business....

7. I will forever block people on social media that complain about their pregnancy...trust me...it's probably for the better...

8. "Big Bang Theory" has never surprised me with a pregnancy. I LOVE that show :)

9. I have never researched more about infertility, pregnancy, and motherhood than any other topic in my life! I have pretty much mapped out how I want to raise our kids...from cloth diapering and breastfeeding to private schooling and discipline.

10. Sex does not lead to a baby...Thank you high school health class for the lies haha

2 comments:

  1. Holly Perkins-SanchezMarch 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

    haha this is great! #8! yes!!! love you sweet lady and miss you guys more than you know! I look back at high school and them telling us that and laugh too! anthony and i had scares in high school and i look back at that and wanna punch former me in the face!! how ridiculous were we. idk if this is something you would wanna do but i would like to request info on the effects birth control can have on the ability to conceive and carry? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do that :) but I have to find a way to get people to do research without scaring them away from birth control...because in many cases...it's ok. Maybe I will, instead, do a post on natural birth control methods and contraceptives. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete